Cannot compile betterC app in windows using stderr

Tejas notrealemail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 04:13:01 UTC 2022

On Friday, 4 February 2022 at 00:54:50 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 2/3/22 5:13 PM, kinke wrote:
>> On Thursday, 3 February 2022 at 21:56:27 UTC, Steven
>> Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> Since pragma inline works now even without the -inline
>>> switch, could an inline function take the place of the macro?
>>
>> Nope, sadly not - the problem is `&stderr` returning a
>> function pointer then, not the address of the symbol directly.
>
> Ugh, yep. Damn us for not correctly implementing @property.
>
> Would be the same problem with a template as well.
>
> -Steve

What will it take to implement `@property` correctly? What is it
that we're lacking?

I genuinely don't understand anything about this particular
topic: what is preventing us from fixing this particular part of
the language even though it crops up pretty frequently?
Could you maybe please link me to a forum post where this has
been discussed?