[OT] The Usual Arithmetic Confusions

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Feb 6 04:16:12 UTC 2022

Unfortunately, I ran into a stumbling block. The current 80 bit "emulation" done
for Microsoft compatibility doesn't support conversion of 80 bits to float or
double.

I've been considering for a while writing my own 80 emulator to resolve these
problems once and for all, but it's a bit of a project. It's not that hard, it
just takes some careful attention to detail.

A search online showed no Boost compatible emulators, which kinda surprised me.
After all these years, you'd think there would be one.