Potential of a compiler that creates the executable at once

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Fri Feb 11 20:00:14 UTC 2022

On Friday, 11 February 2022 at 16:47:46 UTC, user1234 wrote:
>> Openhub and their metrics are old trash. It's more 170K
>> according to D-Scanner.
>
> wait... it's 175K. I had not pulled since 8 monthes or so.
> There's much new code that was commited since, with importC
> notably.

Thank you for the information! It seems pretty impressive to me
that DMD only has 175K LoC in it's code base given the fact of
how huge D is! Even without the recent commits (which how much
could they be?), this seems to little to me. In that case, we can
talk about re-writing it but again, that's up to the developers
to decide.