Did somebody change the automatic stdout.flush behavior?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 00:36:30 UTC 2022

On 2/16/22 16:21, Ali Çehreli wrote:

 > the other rule is that reading from stdin flushes stdout
 > automatically.

Now I'm in doubt. That's ancient knowledge (belief) for me from C and
C++ days. I swear there was a feature where you could link (or lock, or
connect?) an output stream to an input stream and reading from the input
stream would automatically flush the output stream.

And I've been under the impression that stdin and stdout were such
streams. But the internet does not agree with me. Was I dreaming? Was
that a special thing about C++'s cout and cin?

Help! Losing my mind...

Ali

P.S. Regardless, an automatic flush feature would be nice between stdin
and stdout. But I wouldn't want that unless it "is a tty". Hm... I think
I see now.