Discussion Thread: DIP 1035-- at system Variables--Final Review

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 16:14:51 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 23 February 2022 at 00:14:13 UTC, Stanislav Blinov
wrote:
> If you're going to go there, then...

> ...that @trusted code is incorrect, at least on some platforms
> (yes, I can nitpick too).

Why? I don't see it.

> ...but seriously. What is it with all the condescending tone on
> the forums lately?

I think Paul makes a valid point and uses an appropriate tone.
The DIP should not be hand-wavy about how `scope` checking would
help memory safety when using file descriptors. I didn't go into
much detail there because I didn't think it would be a contested
addition.