[OT] - C++ exceptions are becoming more and more problematic

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Thu Feb 24 07:18:11 UTC 2022

On 24/02/2022 1:34 PM, meta wrote:
> If the fundamentals of the feature are to be rethought / redesigned
> because considered harmful (performance penalty is harmful, at least to
> me), then the users must be prepared and educated, so they understand
> the motive of a potential change, and can design APIs with that in mind!

I am not proposing that we remove or modify runtime exceptions that we
currently have. They serve a purpose even if I don't use them.

It can be reimplemented under the hood, but this is something that no
user should ever notice. So there isn't any education required unless
you want to throw them pretty much.