Missing python-like chaining in D

Craig Dillabaugh craig.dillabaugh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 17:12:19 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 23 February 2022 at 19:42:53 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 February 2022 at 14:38:10 UTC, 12345swordy
clip

> towards unnecessary verbosity.
>
> I want less verbosity, not more.
>
> But D is clearly too tied to C, and becoming ever more so it
> seems.
>
> Oddly enough, there's more chance of C++ getting chained
> comparisons ;-)

Why do people seem to hate verbosity so much!

I spend more time reading code than writing it, I suspect this is
true for most developers, thus it would seem to make sense to
optimize code readability vs concise and fast to write.

Of course, there are often 'win-win' cases where you can optimize
both, but in general I think a little verbosity is better if it
makes the code easier to read.