D is supposed to be neutral and about programing

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 16:48:56 UTC 2022

On Friday, 25 February 2022 at 14:29:44 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> On Friday, 25 February 2022 at 13:22:19 UTC, Patrick Schluter
> wrote:
>> Could the one who has put Ukrainian colours on the icon of the
>> D page please remove it.
>
> I cannot see any irregularities on dlang.org, and there are no
> traces of what you describe
> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/commits/stable.
> So if an unofficial logo has been served from dlang.org, it
> must have  been put there (*and reverted*) by hand.

  Last commit is 11 days ago.

  Something changed by hand might be the case, but also might
depend on who controls the server (*in which the pages/images
reside*) which ultimately *could* in theory override/replace
images. But logically who would change an image/logo for only a
scant few hours?

  There's a very small chance the image was downloaded corrupted
(*or using a corrupted cache of images stored*) which could
change any amount of the image in how it decodes. I recall weird
results in half-downloaded jpegs before. Or they were looking at
some other page entirely; But without a link or screenshot I'd
say it's hearsay.

But i will agree with OP, D (*well pretty much everything in my
opinion*) should be politically neutral.