D is supposed to be neutral and about programing

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 16:51:18 UTC 2022

wrote:
> Could the one who has put Ukrainian colours on the icon of the
> D page please remove it.
> It is completely inappropriate to put a POLITICAL message on
> the official web site.

Hi Patrick,

I changed the icon. I've now reverted the change. I'm sorry.

- What was changed: I implemented a [small
hack](https://gist.github.com/CyberShadow/911864f3b0882ec8e8e9bbf75513eef6) on websites on my personal server. Since I wrote the D forum, it's among the websites hosted on the server.

- What was not changed: anything regarding the official D
website, https://dlang.org/.

- Why I did it: it's an issue that affects me directly and
personally. In the interests of keeping things on topic I will
avoid elaborating further. The hack was not meant as a "political
message".

- What will change: The hack is reverted; if you still see the
icon, please do a forced refresh. I apologize for this unilateral
change, it was selfish of me to do it without consulting with the
D leadership. In the future I will be more mindful of the
sensibilities of people around the world.

- Regarding moderation issues: there was a bug in the way that
forum moderation was handled, which I've now fixed. Apologies for
that. No one is actually banned from participating.