What GUI lib do you tend to use in D? if you don't use the one you want, what's preventing it?

Sai user at tmp.com
Wed Jan 5 14:58:28 UTC 2022

On Monday, 3 January 2022 at 21:24:49 UTC, Dr Machine Code wrote:
> for people devs that make GUI apps, i'd like to know the state
> of GUI libs.  What GUI lib do you tend to use in D? if you
> don't use the one you want, what's preventing it? wrapper not
> available? GUI designer?

I used DWT with good success in the past it results in nice small
executables. The learning curve is also pretty easy if you are
familiar with Java and SWT.

I experimented with dlangUI and it looked nice but looks like
it's development suddenly stopped not sure why.

I also experimented with GTKD but I only write small tools and I
don't like to to ship a huge library of 20 megabytes (with all
the DLLs) with small tools which are only 1 or 2 megabytes. Not
sure if there is any way to cut down the size of the library.