Any Idea how Fast is the dlang dataframe library ?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 15:40:26 UTC 2022

On Friday, 7 January 2022 at 04:04:44 UTC, Tejas wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I believe you're talking about
> [magpie](https://code.dlang.org/packages/magpie)
>
> The project has been declared completed, but the author moved
> on and nobody has touched it since then, I think
>
> Don't know about performance, most likely inferior than
> anything that's being developed and released _today_, but
> still, it's best if you benchmark it yourself

I had provided some feedback to the author when he was working on
it and it does some interesting things. I feel like it really
needs someone who cares about doing analysis in D with Dataframes
to take over and continue making improvements. An evaluation of
the performance capabilities would help identify what is good
about magpie and what would need to get improved.

Ideally, some of this work would get incorporated into mir. Mir
has some basic time series functionality and you can make
homogenous Dataframes (although there might be some functionality
that is missing compared to magpie). However, mir does not really
have an easy way to handle heterogenous types in the columns.
Magpie does and it is important for many practical uses of
Dataframes.