Worst ideas/features in programming languages?

data pulverizer data.pulverizer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 14:38:49 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 29 December 2021 at 20:07:20 UTC, data pulverizer
wrote:

> For me there are two main ones:
>
> * A lot of people have said this one but I'll +1 it. Tuples
> fully built into the language with destructuring and all the
> common features. A year or two ago I thought this was
> definitely going to happen.
>
> * Relaxing policy on symbolic and
> infix/prefix/postfix/binary/unary notation, perhaps having
> protections against using obvious things like "." but
> relatively free elsewhere. From a science/math point of view
> this would be great, and it can greatly improve code
> readability in such applications.

One more thing, native string interpolation similar to f-strings
style in Python or Julia style strings for example

```
auto my_variable = 42;
auto output = "The meaning of life is ${my_variable}"
```

I think this also seemed like it was in the works a year or two
ago.