@safe D requires which DIP switches?

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 17:00:10 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 8 January 2022 at 00:13:38 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> There is one problem with this. The string could still be
> assigned to a non-`Exception` `Throwable` and thrown.

Yikes, that's another annoying oversight. I hope we don't have to
do away with `pure` based `scope` inference entirely. Since
Errors are only thrown once per program, it could be okay to make
the assert handler's message string `scope` forcing it to copy it
when it wants to back trace, but when throwing a custom
`Throwable` class this is harder to enforce.