Feedback Thread: DIP 1042--ProtoObject--Community Review Round 1

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 17:09:59 UTC 2022

This DIP is built from flawed analysis and provides a flawed
solution that fails to fix the original problem and creates
problems of its own. I went into detail in the pull request
thread, so I won't repeat it all, but let me post something
stronger than words:

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/3665

There's no need to add anything nor break anything in druntime
over attributes.

The monitor is a bit different, but a standard deprecation path
could migrate that to opt-in composition. The DIP doesn't even
acknowledge this possibility.