Discussion Thread: DIP 1042--ProtoObject--Community Review Round 1

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Tue Jan 11 20:44:19 UTC 2022

On 11.01.22 13:31, RazvanN wrote:
> For example, in the general case, comparing two items
> should not allocate and should not throw;

That's just not true.

> you want to implement
> something more
> esoteric, that's fine, you can define your own interface.

There we go. You think anything that does not fit those arbitrarily
defined interfaces is "esoteric". That's precisely my main issue. This
is not true. If someone's use case has to be dubbed "esoteric", it would
rather be to use qualifiers beyond `@safe` in object-oriented code.

Note also that there is a huge difference between "does not do X" and
"the compiler believes you that you did not do X".