Scientific computing and parallel computing C++23/C++26

bachmeier no at spam.net
Thu Jan 13 03:56:00 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 12 January 2022 at 22:50:38 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:

> My gut feeling is that it will be very difficult for other
> languages to stand up to C++, Python and Julia in parallel
> computing. I get a feeling that the distance will only increase
> as time goes on.
>
> What do you think?

It doesn't matter all that much for D TBH. Without the basic
infrastructure for scientific computing like you get out of the
box with those three languages, the ability to target another
platform isn't going to matter. There are lots of pieces here and
there in our community, but it's going to take some effort to (a)
make it easy to use the different parts together, (b) document
everything, and (c) write the missing pieces.