Scientific computing and parallel computing C++23/C++26

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 18:05:42 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 13 January 2022 at 16:10:39 UTC, sfp wrote:
> My personal view is that people in science are generally more
> interested in actually doing science than in playing around
> with programming trivia.

Yes, this is probably true. My impression is that the physics
department tend to be in favour of Python, C++ and I guess
Fortran. In signal processing Matlab with Python as an upcoming
alternative.

Maybe GPU-compute support is more relevant for desktop
application development than scientific computing, in the context
of D.