bottom type as parameter or local variable, does that make sense?

Nick Treleaven nick at geany.org
Fri Jan 14 20:04:29 UTC 2022

On Friday, 14 January 2022 at 18:49:26 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> 1. I can't find `noreturn` in the spec, so I'm not sure what
> exactly should happen here. In the library it has very very
> sparse documentation. This needs correction. At a minimum, it
> should go into [the Types
> page](https://dlang.org/spec/type.html).

I made a PR to document noreturn with an example of a function
that returns noreturn. I haven't found a good example for other
behaviour yet. Some of the cases in the DIP don't work yet in
stable dmd (explained in a comment):
https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/3149
https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/3149#issuecomment-1001009778

I also made a PR for main() returning noreturn or inferred return.