bottom type as parameter or local variable, does that make sense?

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 19:23:05 UTC 2022

On Monday, 17 January 2022 at 18:40:55 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 06:11:09PM +0000, Paul Backus via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> Both the rewrite I describe and the behavior you propose are
>> special cases.  The non-special-case behavior is "compile-time
>> error."
>
> OK, so it should be a compile-time error, then.

...and then you need special cases in generic code to deal with
noreturn. So the question is, what's the cost/benefit of adding a
"pragmatic" special case to the language here?

In any case, the DIP has already gone through the full review
process and been accepted, so whether we agree with it or not,
the decision has already been made.