Integrated code formatter

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 21:46:08 UTC 2022

So I use clang-format extensively...like all the time.

It makes such a difference, I can't imagine programming without
it anymore.

But D doesn't have something integrated like this.

I am aware of dfmt.. but even on it's github page it says "dfmt
is beta quality."

I wonder if it isn't time a code formatter for D became a more
integrated product, into the release itself, so that people like
me can actually rely on it to work as expected, and also, so that
the formatter's needs were considered whenever making changes to
D.

Or is D code now so variable and complex, that no formatter can
reliably format it?