Integrated code formatter

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 04:05:05 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 18 January 2022 at 03:39:10 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> None of this excuses the present sorry state of things, of
> course. My inclination is to pull the trigger on -profile and
> -profile=gc. Or at the very very least, put a big fat warning
> in flashing bold red letters in the docs of the latter so that
> newcomers don't fall for it.

../druntime/src/rt/profilegc.d

from:
  fprintf(fp, "bytes allocated, allocations, type, function,
file:line\n");

to:
  char[] WARNING = "-profile=gc is presently in a sorry state. You
should consider not even using it."
  fprintf(fp, "%s\nbytes allocated, allocations, type, function,
file:line\n", WARNING);