Integrated code formatter

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Wed Jan 19 22:59:03 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 22:31:33 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 22:15:49 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>>
>> Spoiler: I'm just another random D user with a bit of spare
>> time. *You* can probably contribute to fixing bugs in D
>> too.[*] If everyone would take action instead of waiting
>> around for somebody else to do it, we'd probably be in a
>> better place today.
>>

> My contribution to D, will be almost certainly be limited to
> using D ;-)

I like how the bar for contributing is made really really low.
With the “Improve this page” link that exist on every page of the
documentation, editing is almost as easy as on a wiki. I’m not a
wizard but I can spot a typo or a dead link, and it is fun to fix
those right away. These fixes also get merged quickly (the review
is easy). And once you are in the source code you can’t help but
look at the implementation, and notice how readable most of it
is, really. It is nice to have a few of those trivial fixes under
my belt, because now I know the process and thus it is a little
more likely that I might contribute more materially, some day.

— Bastiaan.