Integrated code formatter

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jan 19 23:12:21 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 10:31:33PM +0000, forkit via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 22:15:49 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >
> > Spoiler: I'm just another random D user with a bit of spare time.
> > *You* can probably contribute to fixing bugs in D too.[*] If
> > everyone would take action instead of waiting around for somebody
> > else to do it, we'd probably be in a better place today.
> >

> My contribution to D, will be almost certainly be limited to using D
> ;-)
>
> contributing to fixing bugs should never be a prerequiste for using D.
[...]

Never said it was a prerequisite.  Rather, it's a way to take control
and fix problems yourself, and in the process benefit other D users as
well. As opposed to, y'know, begging or hoping that the Powers That Be
would take notice of your plight and condescend to make your life a
little better -- the way things are when dealing with proprietary
software.

No one *has* to, of course.  But all I'm saying is, you *can*.

He who laughs last thinks slowest.