Incremental garbage collection

Guillaume Piolat first.last at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 12:45:42 UTC 2022

  On Friday, 21 January 2022 at 02:17:34 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:

> To make any progress towards a better GC it's going to have to
> be demonstrated.

The GC is not as slow and annoying as it used to be. When I went
to Dconf 2019 I was surprised to learn that it had been speed-up
during the year (with both fork-GC and speed-up efforts by Rainer
IIRC) but this wasn't advertised anywhere. IT's easy to be under
the impression that the GC is the same than 10 years ago when
it's not written anywhere what changes happened, you'd have to
peruse all the release notes. Who knows the real timeline of GC
improvement in D? What happened?