call traceback is indecipherable garbage

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 04:08:19 UTC 2022

On 1/25/22 10:56 PM, forkit wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 January 2022 at 03:45:01 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>
>> Regardless of the "correct" way to deal with this, I agree with you
>> that printing code addresses is not helpful. I'm assuming this is
>> Windows? Is there nothing better that can be done?
>>

> You mean stop using Windows?

No I mean, on Windows, is there no better thing to print out for a stack
frame other than the address? Not a question aimed at you ;)

If I don't include debug info for Mac (even if I strip the executable),
I still get function names, but not file/line info.

I'm pretty sure Windows isn't the only OS that does this by default, but
I can't remember all the different OSes I've tried D on.

-Steve