Why people dislike global variables so much while I find them so convenient?

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Thu Jan 27 08:44:01 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 26 January 2022 at 23:40:48 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> "WHAT I was thinking when I wrote this?!"

Yep! That's totally me every single time! When I'm writing the
code I feel like a genius! But I only understand how much of an
idiot I am after I read the same code some months later. We learn
and improve I guess...

> "WHAT was I trying to do when I wrote this

Totally me again! Tbh, How many times have you though about
solving a problem and then down the road, you thought of a better
way to do it that is both more performant and more continent and
thought "why did I wrote this code this way? It's completely
stupid!"? Yet at the time you wrote the code, it looked perfect!
Humans are interesting creatures...