Would you pay for GC?

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 21:11:18 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 25 January 2022 at 13:09:58 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> On Tuesday, 25 January 2022 at 03:37:57 UTC, Elronnd wrote:
>> Apropos recent discussion, here is a serious question: would
>> you pay for either of these?
>
> No. D's GC is already plenty good enough right now.

While i might pay for a good GC implementation to be worked on
and added to D; However unless you're needing real-time and high
workflow with GC active a lot, i don't see the need for it. So as
Ruppe says, the current one is probably good enough.

I'd almost prefer to set and have the GC with it's own
thread/core where it works at regular intervals; Recently having
just gotten a 8 core machine i can't seem to keep all my cores
busy, even when trying hard.