Building from source on Windows

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jan 28 21:55:07 UTC 2022

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 09:39:39PM +0000, forkit via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> No matter what instructions, blogs, articles... I use.. I simply
> cannot manage to build druntime,dmd,phobos, from source on Windows.
[...]
> Does anyone have a step-by-step process, that is 'guaranteed' to work?
> (with as few unnecessary dependencies as possible please).
[...]
> NOTE: I said 'guaranteed' to work ;-)  ... I've wasted to much time
> following instructions that just do not work.

Would help if you posted the exact error message(s) here (including how
you expect it to behave) so that people know how to help you.  "It
doesn't work" gives no information as to what went wrong, and isn't an
actionable bug report.

Cf.: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

What do you get if you drop a piano down a mineshaft? A flat minor.