Building from source on Windows

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 22:31:26 UTC 2022

On Friday, 28 January 2022 at 22:22:27 UTC, max haughton wrote:

> Post exactly what you have tried and what about it doesn't work.

I'm really trying for a different approach here.

That is, start from something that is guaranteed to work, in all
cases ;-)

i.e.

step 1 - start with a clean install of Windows 7 (ideally, cause
I hate Win10!)
step 2 - install this version of this ...
step 3 - install this version of this ...
...... then your done! And it all works!

My Windows pc has multiple VS versions installed, and all kinds
of things as well... so anything other than starting from scratch
is just inviting all the problems I've encountered.