Building from source on Windows

max haughton maxhaton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 23:07:25 UTC 2022

On Friday, 28 January 2022 at 22:45:31 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Friday, 28 January 2022 at 22:35:14 UTC, max haughton wrote:
>>
>> I can't help if you don't say what you've actually tried to
>> do. I haven't actually worked on D directly from windows for a
>> while now so I can only fix things that are broken or point
>> you in the right way rather than dictating what you are to do
>> (in part because I'm not a slave)
>
> As a systems admin/engineer, I build production systems from
> scratch.
>
> They are **guaranteed** to work, as defined.
>
> I can provide the instruction/scripts to others, they can run
> them, and they WILL work... ** guaranteed **
>
> That's the approach I want to take here (as opposed to the
> approach your suggesting, which starts from an existing system,
> and which for me, has just wasted too many hours of my life
> that I cannot get back).

As a human being writing at 11PM I am willing to help but I
cannot do so without something to go on. You should readily have
this information to hand since you guarantee it doesn't work.

As an engineer you should also know how to communicate
information effectively to solve a problem faster, you currently
aren't doing this.