Building from source on Windows

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 00:27:28 UTC 2022

On Friday, 28 January 2022 at 23:46:10 UTC, forkit wrote:

> I'm thinking that I will begin this 'recipe', using a the
> 'Windows Server Core' image.

no. scratch that. going to build a desktop system instead.

ideally all steps will be done for an 'offline' system, using
software that does not 'require' access to the internet in order
to work.

(i.e. need to download what is required outside of the system,
and install it manually)

Step1: clean install of Windows 7 SP1 (KB976932) plus Update
(KB976902)
Step2: clean install of .NET Framework 4.7.3 (which also installs
KB4019990 )
Step3: install certificates need for installing VS buildtools
2019 16.11
Step4: install VS buildtools 2019 16.11 (ensuring the following
components selected)
     ..