Syntax sugar for {} with structs

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 18:02:59 UTC 2022

On Friday, 1 July 2022 at 17:33:55 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> We have to stop with utility function to solve annoyances like
> this
>
> I'd use an other language if i have to keep writing utility
> functions and templates all over the place and keep importing
> ton of modules because the language refuses to evolve paste the
> 80's

What's the problem with utility functions? You would prefer it if
any time something annoys someone, we add an entire new language
feature for it? Surely you can understand why that approach to
language development is not sustainable.

If your objection is "I shouldn't have to write this myself; it
should be available out of the box," then I encourage you to make
a PR submitting it to the standard library. If it's useful to
you, there's a good chance it will be useful to others too.