DScanner 0.12.1 stopped working

singingbush singingbush at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 6 18:37:45 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 5 July 2022 at 19:03:03 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 7/5/22 2:47 PM, Carsten Schlote wrote:
>
> I don't know the context of how it's used, but changing
> allocators from stdx.allocator to std.experimental.allocator
> might be considered by some as not a breaking change.
>
> D has a nasty habit of making everything a breaking change,
> because introspection is so good. So you have to draw the line
> somewhere. I haven't looked in depth at it, but if dscanner is
> using things that are implementation details, there is an
> argument to say that dscanner is the one that strayed from the
> public API.
>
> But like I said, it can be fixed by making stdx.allocator an
> optional dependency of libdparse.
>
> -Steve

I've been hurt numerous times over the years by breaking changes
in D so started maintaining a list of version checks that have
been helpful in keeping projects compile with multiple language
versions.

https://gist.github.com/SingingBush/3a2a6d2a41a81c1bafb26e5f69f823c0

It would be great if more packages in dub repo used such
mechanisms.