Comment and Thank you to Walter Bright

Keneth Dallmann fishytaledaydream at protonmail.com
Sat Jul 9 14:11:05 UTC 2022

Greetings,

     Upon discovery of the D language I was excited to learn that
such a
robust programming language is available. D’s syntax is clean and
well
structured, and it is not stuck in a virtual machine, though it
can run in Clang
where desired.  D is
“bare metal” like Rust, C and C++, being able to control low
level interfaces,
however it has also stacked the best of high level programming
features,
such as a object oriented programming interface. D does it all
while being
able to utilize C libraries.  Beyond its sheer robustness, D is
able to do away
With memory leaks and array index errors, making it a easy to use
and naturally
fast paradigm for high level coding.  D is compiled and can be
compiled to
Many domains, such as the web browser using Clang and WASM.

     D mixes the best of “high level” programming languages and
“low level”, without
being limited by a specific virtual machine.

     I want to thank Walter Bright for creating D and allowing us
to use it as an open sourced
technology.

Thank you