Reflections on using Go instead of D

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 05:23:12 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 12 July 2022 at 04:52:33 UTC, AnimusPEXUS wrote:
> I've stopped using Go somewhere at middle 2021 and I used it
> from 2016. and I think Go code generation (templating/go
> generate) is awful and I'm won't going back.

Have you stopped using Go before or after the 1.18 release, which
introduced generics? Something like
https://blog.boot.dev/golang/how-to-use-golangs-generics/

> If I'll go somewhere from D , it will be Rust or C++ in both
> cases because of job opportunities.

Are you generally trying to use a single language for everything
or do you switch between multiple languages depending on the
task? Is your current use of D a paid job?

I agree that when the job requires some specific programming
language, then not much can be done about it. We can't just pick
a single language and stick with it. Being familiar with multiple
programming languages is a practical necessity nowadays.