How usable is the D language without a garbage collector?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Fri Jul 15 15:22:45 UTC 2022

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 02:55:45PM +0000, ryuukk_ via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> You can consume C/C++ code with D, so you can consume their entire
> ecosystem with ease
>
> I consume GLFW on desktop, Freetype for fonts, OpenGL/OpenAL for
> gpu/audio and PostgreSQL for the database, they are all C projects and
> the integration is super smooth

I can confirm this. In my own projects I use all sorts of C libraries
with no problem: sqlite3, freetype, MPFR, Xlib, XCB, EGL, Vulkan, etc..
It's not even a problem that I freely use GC in my D code; that does not
stop me from using C libraries easily.

Public parking: euphemism for paid parking. -- Flora