Any guideline about severity of bugs?

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 12:37:29 UTC 2022

On Monday, 18 July 2022 at 11:28:52 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> Apart from regressions being considered the worst bugs, I don't
> know of any guideline on evaluating a severity of a bug I'm
> reporting. I feel this is a problem. Because everyone has a
> different perception of what consitutes, for example, a "major"
> bug, this means that two bug reports about the same issue may
> differ by multiple severity levels.

Personally the only severities I use in my bug reports are
"regression", "normal", and "enhancement".

I have occasionally seen my reports elevated to "major" or
"critical" when they affect industry users of D. The elevated
severity does not appear in my experience to have any effect on
how quickly the issue is resolved.