Forum Enhancement: Post a image

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 00:42:01 UTC 2022

I believe that, specially in 2022, it is astonishing to think
that this forum still does not support images.

Images are a really useful tool for spreading awareness. I have
some points there to provide

1: It'll create inputs on image databases such as Google Images,
thus, the image search could find the D forums increasing the
language reach
2: There's a lot of graphics related project and no one really
cares about them if there's not to see
3: People usually don't like clicking on suspicious links for
checking images
4: Having an option for people to show their project could
actually help in D relevance: for example, one would actually
need to link their github repo for having the images, which would
involve the process of someone clicking and then scrolling it
down. This is too many tasks. Having the images could help people
being interests.

Some considerations should be made though:
- Images showing code should be banned. It does not help anyone,
it consumes resourceful value such as disk space and it actually
makes it harder to test.
- Size limiting could be a great addition
- Reformat images to JPEG for smaller sizes
- Maybe we could have a "Projects" section where people could
posts their image and close the other sections for text only.
This reduces the probability of wrong images usage for saving
resources

Even better: the forums could even create some carousel showing
"Featured Projects" and even "New Projects" which in my opinion
would be a big plus, which can bring a more modern feeling to the
forums, it will bring D's ecosystem awareness, it will even
motivate people to get their projects there!

There's other things that I would like to see in the future: Like
buttons. There is a lot of people that are not willing to express
their interest in the project such as clicking on the reply
button. Even better, it would not bloat the thread with "+1
approves this". It is not really people fault, problem is that
there is no another way to show their interest in the project
right now.

Again, that feature is a lot useful when bringing new ideas or
even doing some kind of polls which is missing too, as I said
before, many people dislike posting but would love to have their
voice heard.