New competitor to D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 16:57:29 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 16:27:25 UTC, Tejas wrote:
> There is a new language that claims to be the successor to C++
> in town, and it's got Google's funding 😥
>
> It's called carbon
>
> https://github.com/carbon-language/carbon-lang
>

> What do you folk think?

It is v0.1, so I cannot really tell what it will be like, but it
my immediate reaction is that this looks like something a Rust
programmer being forced to write in C++ would come up with.

Why would I want to write "fn" before functions and "var" in
classes? Right now it seems to provide more downsides than
upsides and is too close to C++ to be worthwhile, but it is v0.1,
so who knows?