New competitor to D

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Tue Jul 19 21:25:28 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 16:27:25 UTC, Tejas wrote:
> There is a new language that claims to be the successor to C++
> in town, and it's got Google's funding 😥
>
> It's called carbon
>
> https://github.com/carbon-language/carbon-lang
>

> What do you folk think?
>
> If this succeeds, then Google will have the advantage in cross
> platform code (with Dart) as well as high performance
> code(Carbon)

It looks more like a Rust replacement to me. Nothing is written
about the memory management but they hint that they want to use
some kind of life time annotation like Rust. That is enough for
me wanting to avoid it.

Since there are no plans for full meta programming, then it is no
D or C++ replacement. Rust replacement maybe.

It's another me too Rust language. Good, then D can let other
language imitate Rust instead.