Is everything alright?

GL gleb.tsk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:42:02 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 20 July 2022 at 16:16:43 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 20 July 2022 at 05:56:52 UTC, GL wrote:
>> I wish I could be so sure. This means that most of the
>> packages in "dlang.org/packages" are useless. "Libasync"
>> mentioned earlier has over 15,000 lines, what a great job!
>
> I don't know anything about this library, but any library that
> has not reached v1.0 yet should be considered as experimental
> and unsupported…

Version number? Yah?
In other words, when working in D, it is impossible to rely on
any (open) code.

Or you need constant assistance from the authors, which is not
realistic.

Or you have to constantly reinvent your own bicycles and
substitute crutches. Tertium non datur. No "batteries included":
it is simply impossible to rely on the development of useful code
by the community, the obsolescence of the compiler requires
constant and continuous rewriting of the "whole World".

PS: It looks like the author of the mentioned library is not
responding or has lost interest. Assembly with a modern compiler
requires a very deep analysis of the code, since cast errors
occur. So, long live for own "bicycles and crutches". Wonderful.