Is everything alright?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Fri Jul 22 19:43:29 UTC 2022

On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 07:30:46PM +0000, monkyyy via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 09:18:12 UTC, GL wrote:
> > Good afternoon,
> > is everything okay with the development? For example,
> > https://code.dlang.org/packages/libasync. Only two years have passed,
> > but this package is no longer being assembled.
> > Is it good?
> > In other words, it is still difficult to recommend D for use.
> > How sad it is...
>
> hottake: its possible to use d without dub

I regularly use D but hardly ever use dub. The only time I've used it is
just using a dummy project to pull in vibe.d dependencies; the actual
build is handled by SCons outside the dub project subdirectory.

Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Then when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have his shoes.