version(number) is completely useless

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Jul 23 03:07:07 UTC 2022

On 7/22/2022 6:31 PM, James Blachly wrote:
> I find this very insightful; the practical consequences of well-meaning policies
> are often surprising and frequently the complete opposite of the original
> policy's intent.

It brings it into the forum where I can explain how to achieve better results
than the same old chaotic way C does it.

I've lived with the C way for a loooong time. Just take a look at the C system
.h files on your system. I know people will treat the version way skeptically at
first, but give it a try.