New competitor to D

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 15:47:40 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 23 July 2022 at 15:38:49 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 July 2022 at 13:55:31 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
>> I saw them, i agree with them, C++ is headed into the abyss,
>> but it still remains the best choice today, since you can
>> stick to C, sort of, and cherry picking few of the nice things
>> about modern C++
>>
>> Enthusiast devs are more strict about it
>> https://gist.github.com/bkaradzic/2e39896bc7d8c34e042b
>
> This is kinda pointless. If you know the language then you know
> what to avoid and where. Right now C++20 looks like a better
> language than Carbon, but that could change of course.

Modern C++ has the same problem as D

They think language features should be in `std::` and removing
features should be forbidden

Wich is why Carbon is interesting, at least to me, that doesn't
mean i'll use it, since i have 0 interest in C++