Is everything alright?

GL gleb.tsk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 05:56:00 UTC 2022

> At this point, you're obviously trolling.

Absolutely not!

> You're complaining about a third-party package, not compiler
> development policy.

The third-party package can not be assembled because of compiler
changes.
Whereas two years ago ONLY the build was quite successful.

Many C++ library code from 2000 and even 1996 are still assembled
without any changes.

Python library, *formed* in 1995 -- 2006, was useably up to new
ages of Python 3 without any problem.

This made it possible to form a large code base.

And in our case, we have unpredictable and catastrophic
obsolescence of the code within a couple of years or even less.
Actually, any code can explode unpredictably at any moment. As a
result of compiler changes. Isn't this the result of policy?
Doesn't that make serious use in real life impossible when you
have to use third-party libraries extensively?

> But I do agree that - for some reason and with no supporting
> evidence - you repeatedly make the claim that nobody should use
> D.

I never said anything like that. I'm just stating the obvious ---
such rapid and undetectable code obsolescence is absolutely
disastrous for the reputation of the compiler and the whole D's
ecosystem. This is purely a result of politics.