Someone should tell him about D...

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:07:27 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 2 June 2022 at 17:00:35 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> While I can understand the frustration of modern C++, the right
> tool for the right job is more important. Try doing string
> manipulation with the C standard library, in that case I would
> pick C++ over C any day. C is not always simpler.

Yeah, well, modern C++ doesn't add anything that affects
performance bottle necks in a negative way. Sounds like he has
talked with someone that has started coding before they knew what
the requirements should be. C++ does not support evolutionary
development… you have to know what you are going to do before you
start coding.