Can D be used for operating system development ?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 14:35:36 UTC 2022

On 6/6/22 06:03, Siemargl wrote:
 > On Thursday, 2 June 2022 at 20:36:59 UTC, Jakob Jenkov wrote:
 >> Is it feasible / practical to use D to develop an operating system
 >> from the ground up? Or does the VM / memory management get in the way?
 >
 > Just add Serpent OS to list.
 > https://serpentos.com

Very interesting. I've just learned that the lead developer is Ikey
Doherty, a name I don't recognize. Does he appear on D forums? (To make
it more interesting to me, there is some Turkish connection as well,
which I had not heard of either.)

 > Linux Kernel and userspace in D.

And many other parts but not the kernel, right? As I understand it, the
kernel is being developed by a completely different group:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel

Ali