Do you think if statement as expression would be nice to have in D?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Tue Jun 7 04:53:36 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 7 June 2022 at 01:24:07 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> There is a persistent idea that there is something
> fundamentally wrong with DMD. There isn't. It's just that
> optimization involves an accumulation of a large number of
> special cases, and clang has a lot of people adding special
> cases.

I have only ever used DMD, never bothered using anything else and
it has never hindered any of my work or mattered in the slightest.

Nothing I work with suffers from the difference in optimization
as I don't have anything that's real-time sensitive.

As long as the work is done in a reasonable amount of time (That
of course depends on what it is.) then I'm fine with it.

Typically the difference is in the milliseconds, which won't
matter much for most enterprise work.