Shared library support: Where we are at

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 19:20:05 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 7 June 2022 at 19:07:53 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> Currently, I'm doing a push towards getting shared library
> support in D into a much more usable state.

shared libs in D have been fully operational for over a year now
with gdc and almost a year with ldc. You can make the
druntime/phobos dll and all share it. Even on dmd, there's
separate druntimes but they link some things together, enough to
kinda work, but the ldc+gdc experience is more reliable (dmd
botches typeinfo across the dll boundary, so you're best off
using it COM style).

For the plugin model, probably best to just build with the ldc.