Using closure in function scope to make "real" private class members

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 07:30:43 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 8 June 2022 at 07:03:10 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Wednesday, 8 June 2022 at 06:45:24 UTC, forkit wrote:
>
> You need to submit `bugzilla`, or you need a `dip`.
> Or convince the stubborn Walter.

Life is too short ;-)

Walter almost certainly gets the last say in this particular
matter anyway - and I'm certainly not ignorant of this fact ;-)

On the otherhand, my C# compiler, my C++ compiler, and my Java
compiler, all already does this, for me.

So the case for using D for anything other than simple console
apps, at least in my case, is diminished.

I don't want to be told I have to do the one-class-per-file
thing, and I don't want to have to go off and write a
linter/static-analyser. I just want the compiler to ensure my
code is doing what I expected it to be doing, and not tell me,
'bugger off, go do it yourself'.